I haven’t written anything in a while, but that’s not because I’ve been sitting on my hands. Just like everyone else, I’ve been busy with this new calamity called the economy. Anyway I just wanted to post my new program which I put together. It’s for Ampache, the MP3 music library server. As my music folder changes, and songs are sometimes added, I wanted a way to have Ampache auto update its catalogs. So I found this Perl script by Jeremy Guarini, and I’ve modified it so that it would work on my Ubuntu 9.04 server. You can get it from here: updateampache.pl. You can put it in the /etc/ampache folder, and create a symbolic link to it from /etc/cron.weekly.
Hope this saves someone the trouble.